The Junior IT Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the high standards of service delivery in respect of support to a major Transcom client in the United States. This role is located in our Denver, Colorado office and will work as part of the IT Workplace & Site Enablement Team, covering various duties including but not limited to the below, working towards set objectives in a timely and quality manner.
- Provides administration and maintenance of IT hardware and software in production in conjunction with cluster and the various product house teams.
- Provides additional support for all applications and technologies that are site, or country specific in conjunction with the various product house teams.
- Executes deployment of IT solutions in their region according to specifications and procedures from Regional and Global teams as well as IT Architects.
- Coordinate, together with the product house teams, to ensure compliance with the Organization's IT standards, policies; ensure the application of hardware and software security standards and procedures in accordance with organizational policy.
- Collaborates with cluster IT management, central IT, IT Governance in the management of cluster IT infrastructure, such as desktops, printers, servers, software, asset inventory and standard network services.
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of departmental/cluster production and administrative applications.
- Apply security policies, participate in the implementation of measures defined for this purpose and monitor compliance therewith.
- Monitor and assist when necessary to ensure effective co-ordination of first-line and corporate and global IT Service Delivery services to users.
- Maintain close working relations with representatives of Contractors and Technology partners for new service/equipment quotes, after sales licenses and warranty support.
- Provide support to users, incident resolution and advice on the correct use of the system.
- Recover damaged or eliminated files implementing preventive action in turn.
- Maintain documentation for site/client technical infrastructure.
- Perform other IT related duties as required.
Additional responsibilities may be added as business needs change and expand.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Organizational and critical thinking skills
- An ability to adapt, prioritize and multi-task unsupervised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and/or Google Sheets including capturing and recording data, using shortcuts and formula functions, building charts/graphs, sorting and filtering data, and utilizing pivot tables.
- Experience with both Office 365 and Google (G-Suite)
- Talent for recognizing opportunities for process improvement
- Be client focused with a great “can do” attitude and a willingness to assist with a variety of tasks as they come
- Proven customer service phone skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of personality types.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills
Information technology Experience
- MacOS, iOS: High level.
- MDM Experience (macOS, iOS): High level.
- Office package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint): Intermediate level.
- Google Apps: High level.
- E-mail Communication: Intermediate level.
- Operating Systems - Intermediate/High level.
- Networks and Communications: Intermediate level.
- Periphery devices and components: High level.
- Databases - Intermediate level.
- Splunk Experience: Intermediate level.
- Python Experience: Intermediate level.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be self-motivated and commercially minded.
- Take ownership for quality, competence, and commitment.
- Enjoy/thrive on autonomy and be results focused.
- Be highly motivated and prepared to work hard.
- Have high personal energy and enjoy a lively environment.
- Be highly flexible and welcome change/improvements
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO