The Operations Director is responsible for the general management of all Transcom business units operating in his/her contact centers. This includes responsibility for all aspects of the business.
Description of Role and Objectives:
The primary objective is to exceed budgeted net profit targets for all CRM business operations within the contact centers.
This will be achieved by effective leadership and business execution including but not restricted to the following key focus areas
- Ensuring that overall revenue per employee contributions are in line with or exceed Transcom goals.
- Ensuring revenue contribution is measured for every direct individual and direct employee leaders at every level.
- Implementing effective performance management procedures at individual and team level to address areas of weakness.
- Ensuring that efficiencies are accurately measured and reported.
- Ensuring that the efficiency results are reported and reviewed on a 24-hour basis.
- Identifying issues at earliest possible stage and escalate forecasted issues immediately with a summary of expected impact and actions taken to address.
- Implementing/maintaining a standard Transcom organization structure and report any anomalies with justifications. Seek approval from Executives for any non-standard appointments.
- Taking client needs and commercial contribution into account for organization plans and making sure that client objectives are met through appropriate appointments and organizational design.
- Initiate regular and proactive contact with clients.
- Proactively seek to increase client revenue.
- Seek to introduce deep dependencies and mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Preparing meticulously for commercial negotiations in advance and ensuring Transcom risks and profit objectives are covered.
- Ensuring that revenue streams cover committed costs wherever possible.
- Ensuring the profitability is properly calculated prior to agreement and all costs (including capital investments) are accounted for.
- Developing agreements that incentivize client improvements in return for higher margins.
- Ensuring all agreements are profitable and take account of “end of contract” exposures.
- Ensuring that minimum demand forecasting risks are taken by Transcom and are manageable with appropriate commercial remedies.
- Developing and delivering accurate budgets and forecasts within defined corporate time scales.
- Ensuring that demand forecasting is as accurate as possible and that resource deployed is matched effectively to demand.
- Consider employee impact of resource scheduling and avoid anti-social and undesirable shift patterns.
- Implementing Transcom standard practices.
- Attempting to spread/smooth demand across difficult periods.
- Use technology and innovation to ensure demand spikes are managed as effectively as possible.
- Measuring and reporting daily on customer experience in accordance with client’s objectives.
- Reviewing effectiveness of resource plans and continuously improving performance.
- Targeting employees responsible for resource plans with results.
- Ensuring all staff act as ambassadors and salesmen/women of the company at all times.
- Ensuring excellent and effective pre-sales support.
- Always meet or exceed commitments made to clients.
- Ensuring efficient sales activity seeking to obtain Transcom benefit whenever possible.
- Ensuring sales activities are operating in line with Transcom policy and make sure that Sales staff are efficient and targeting appropriate prospects.
- Ensuring that brand identity is accurately represented.
Process and Integrity
- Ensuring that Transcom standard procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Ensuring that all revenues and costs are effectively tracked and properly accounted for.
- Continuously reviewing procedures and implement improvements.
- Creating an open and energetic culture at every level in the organisation. Leading by example and establishing recognition from employees as a supportive, strong and credible leader
- Ensuring that objectives are set for every member of the organisation in line with TWW values and business goals
- Implementing clear and objective recognition procedures at every level in line with TWW group policy
- Implementing personal development plans and effective performance management procedures for all employees
- Ensuring site security and appropriate welfare and protection of employees
- Ensuring a high level of morale and a sense of loyalty to TWW in each individual
- Implementing motivational activities such as team competitions and reward schemes
Qualification and experience:
To qualify for this role you must…
- Hold a university degree or equivalent higher qualification
- Have a proven and successful track record of effective leadership with Commercial and Operational responsibility in the CRM or a closely related industry
- Have a good understanding of CRM best practice and markets
- Have Client Relations and/or Sales contact experience
- Have experience with P&L management and associated financial practices
- Have an ambassadorial presence
It will help if you…
- Have worked for a CRM outsource business
- Have experience in direct/consumer marketing
- Have direct/consumer marketing, CRM, or business administration qualifications
- Run your own business
- Have other language skill including English
To be successful in this role you must…
- Be self motivated and commercially minded
- Have excellent and open leadership style
- Enjoy/thrive on autonomy and be results focused
- Be a people person with excellent communication skills
- Be highly motivated and prepared to work hard
- Have high personal energy and enjoy a lively environment
- Be highly flexible and able to travel
- Be innovative and welcome change/improvements