The Employee Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and driving our employee engagement strategy through the development and maintenance of tools, events, and activities that address engagement and cultivate a strong culture.
Description of Role and Objectives
The primary objective is to lead and manage initiatives, events, and activities that inspire, engage, and deepen the commitment to our organization’s brand, mission, and values. This includes measuring and analyzing employee satisfaction, producing newsletters, planning and executing events, developing communication strategies throughout the employee lifecycle, providing coaching to leaders on engagement and organizational culture, etc.
The position requires effective leadership and business execution for the following key focus areas. Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand:
- Development of an overall employee engagement strategy.
- Develop and produce regular internal communications via email, newsletters, videos, etc that are relevant for the audience.
- Lead the communication strategy in regards to employee experience; review and provide suggestions to content to ensure appropriate tone and strategy are reflected.
- Lead the employee feedback experience and help drive prioritization of the most critical areas of feedback.
- Provide leadership to the organization in the area of employee engagement and organizational culture.
- Implement a variety of engagement activities, events, and approaches across the organization.
- Assist with employee engagement surveys and conduct employee round table sessions with employees.
- Develop and maintain reports on employee engagement and organizational culture activities.
- Develop and maintain a repository for materials on employee engagement.
- Evaluate the results and impact of engagement activities and support provided.
- Keep up with resources and new developments in employee engagement.
Must have skills
- Charismatic personality with the ability to connect with employees across all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and execute employee engagement events
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to set priorities and timelines
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Confident ability to present professionally with internal and external executives
- Collaborate and work in a global, virtual team environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Written communication preparation: decks, literature, documentation
- Proficiency with MicroSoft Office and G-Suite of products
- Competitive mindset, drive for success
- Results oriented
- Strong ownership attitude
- Ability to multitask and run multiple, concurrent projects
- Work well under tight timelines
Qualification and experience
- Hold a university degree or equivalent higher qualification
- Fluent with English language
- 3+ years of employee engagement experience including planning and execution of events
- Be able to travel up to 25% of the time
It will help if you have…
- Degree in Human Resources, Communications, or Human Services
- Experience in project management
- Experience in virtual call center environment
To be successful in this role you must be…
- Outgoing and confident
- Team player, but also able to work independently with little direction
- Strategic thinker