The Human Resources Coordinator is an integral part of the human resource team and will interact closely with Human Resources Business Partners, front-line employees and our operations team. In this role, the Human Resources Coordinator will perform both administrative and strategic activities. The Human Resources Coordinator will have excellent administrative and IT skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. The Human Resources Coordinator will display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, customer service, and broad HR knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software and tools. Ultimately, the Human Resources Coordinator should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
The position requires effective execution for the following key focus areas. Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand:
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations and ADA
- Employee record keeping responsibilities.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with ad hoc HR projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Qualification and experience:
- Proven experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources position
- 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 22 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 31 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!