The macOS/JAMF Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the high standards of service delivery in respect to a major Transcom client in the United States. This role will work as a part of the IT Workplace & Site Enablement Team, covering various duties including but not limited to the below, working towards set objectives in a timely and quality manner.
Description of Role and Objectives:
The macOS/Jamf Systems Administrator will ensure best in class performance & availability for business capabilities and growth through IT Service Management. The scope will include solving operational issues for all Jamf Pro managed devices and macOS related services to support our primary client and service levels while following all ITSM best practices. This requires excellent communication skills to work across teams to solve daily operational incidents and to coordinate Endpoint management activities. The successful candidate will manage conflicts and escalation to achieve results, while maintaining excellent working relationships across the teams. The successful candidate will also possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on macOS, iOS, and Apple technologies, recommending and implementing security policies as needed.
- Maintains and evolves Mac management infrastructure (JAMF Pro).
- Mentor other team members and help develop standards and procedures as needed.
- Training team members as well as Home Agent Support Team
- Design, create and maintain macOS image/staging and deployment methods.
- Coordinate and execute patching and OS upgrades.
- Provide 3rd level support for JAMF escalations.
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to create scalable solutions with a strong sense of prioritization.
- Help coordinate software rollouts to minimize negative impact to business.
- Create and maintain scripts, packages, utilities, and configuration profiles.
- Proactively implement solutions to increase self-service and minimize business downtime.
- Partner with global technology teams to ensure all solutions will function globally.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation/training is available.
- Lead or participate on projects with global technology teams to implement changes.
- Collaborates with vendors to design and implement solutions and resolve issues.
- Work with the technology team to support our client when needed.
- Ensure a consistent user experience across all Apple devices.
- Work closely with the Security and Privacy Directly Responsible Individual (SPDRI) to ensure all Apple devices are properly configured and secured according to the client security standards.
- Keep up with Apple and JAMF communities and use the information to improve the Apple device management across the enterprise.
- Manage DEP, VPP, and Integration with JAMF Pro.
- Concentrating on system development, integration, image creation/deployment, and device policies. Including LDAP and Active Directory Integration
- MDM management with configuration profiles to manage up to 1500 active Apple devices, concentrating on current industry-led security protocols and standards
- Automation via Jamf Pro and Bash scripting.
- Documentation of all process and knowledge base contribution
Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills
- An ability to adapt, prioritize and multi-task unsupervised.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and/or Google Sheets including capturing and recording data, using shortcuts and formula functions, building charts/graphs, sorting and filtering data, and utilizing pivot tables.
- Experience with both Office 365 and Google (G-Suite)
- Talent for recognizing opportunities for process improvement
- Be client focused with a great “can do” attitude and a willingness to assist with a variety of tasks as they come
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of personality types.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to clearly communicate to both team members and the end user community.
- 3-5 years of prior experience supporting and managing macOS in an enterprise environment using Jamf Pro or other MDM.
- Jamf 200-400 Certification or equivalent real world experience.
- Knowledge of all recent releases of macOS
- In-depth knowledge and expertise using and managing Jamf policies and configuration profiles.
- Familiarity with various tools to assist in the deconstruction and rebuilding of installer packages
- Scripting language knowledge (Bash, Python)
- An in-depth understanding of the macOS provisioning process using Automated Enrollment/DEP
- In-depth knowledge of FileVault and secure token workflows.
- Experience in working with third-party engineering level support
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks
- Experience with Jamf Connect and Jamf+Intune Integration
- Experience with proxy solutions
- Comfortable working within a tightly managed Change process environment
- Familiarity with integration of Apple devices (Mac laptop, desktop, iOS mobile devices)
To be successful in this role you must…
- Be self-motivated and commercially minded.
- Take ownership for quality, competence, and commitment.
- Enjoy/thrive on autonomy and be results focused.
- Be highly motivated and prepared to work hard.
- Have high personal energy and enjoy a lively environment.
- Be highly flexible and welcome changes/improvements.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Highly effective team member and mentoring skills.
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 22 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 31 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!