The Operations Manager is directly responsible for profit and growth of his/her business area through employee performance management, service delivery, and client interaction.
The position requires effective leadership and business execution for the following key focus areas. Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand:
Profit and Growth
- Deliver accurate data to produce the forecast.
- Develop realistic budgets.
- Ensure consistent financial follow-up.
- Define needs for Team Leader recruitment in conjunction with Talent Acquisition.
- Take ownership of Team Leader development by offering support and defining Team Leader training needs.
- Set and follow up on quality and quantity targets for the allocated Clients/projects.
- Promote teamwork.
- Ensure that employee satisfaction is high and attrition is low within the allocated production unit.
- Develop and maintain effective performance management.
- Lead by example.
- Proactively respond to variances in targets and service levels.
- Ensure that revenue streams cover committed costs wherever possible.
- Ensure regular and proactive contact and interaction with clients
- Ensure client satisfaction through continuous business improvements.
- Seek to increase client revenue and develop a partnership.
- Strategic alliance with client’s marketing strategy, knowledge ability of clients’ culture, legislation regulations, and market trends.
- Proactively promote the Transcom objectives.
- Ensure that Transcom standard procedures are implemented and complied with at all times within his/her business area.
- Create an open and energetic culture within his/her business unit.
- Ensure that objectives are set for every member of his/her business area and production unit in line with Transcom and business objectives.
- Ensure a high level of morale and a sense of loyalty to Transcom in each individual.
- Provide feedback to Corporate Governance on ideas for improving standards and processes.
Process and Integrity
- Continuously review procedures and implement improvements.
- Implement Transcom standard practices.
- Ensure that demand forecasting is as accurate as possible and that resources deployed match demand effectively.
- Promote synergistic teamwork with the Business Support Team ensuring that all data is accurate and completed on time.
- CIMWeb Statistics – Weekly action items must be identified and root cause analysis must be done to ensure success on all campaigns.
- Attend internal meetings with other staff of the contact center.
- Directly responsible for all communication with Team Leaders.
- Pursue communication with Clients that have been allocated to the Operations Manager’s responsibility.
Qualification and experience
To qualify for this role you must…
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university and/or 3 years of professional experience.
- Have a proven and successful track record of effective leadership with Commercial and/or Operational responsibility in the Customer Relationship Management industry or a closely related industry.
- Have Client Relations and/or Sales contact experience.
- Have a good understanding of Customer Relationship Management best practice and markets.
- Manage your time effectively and be focused on setting clear objectives and priorities.
- Have experience with P&L management and associated financial practices.
- Have worked in a performance driven environment.
- Experience leading in a virtual environment, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
It will help if you…
- Have worked for a CRM outsource business.
- Have experience in direct/consumer marketing.
- Have direct/consumer marketing, CRM or business administration qualifications.
- Have run your own business.
- Have other language skills, including English.
Transcom is a global customer experience specialist, providing customer care, sales, technical support and credit management services through our extensive network of contact centers and work-at-home agents. We are 28,000 customer experience specialists at over 60 contact centers across 25 countries, delivering services in 33 languages to international brands in various industry verticals.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!