The Technical Account Manager / Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales activities related to the solutioning and costing of IT components of RFPs/RFQs for Contact Center Business Process Outsourcing for Transcom’s North America, APAC, and LATAM locations.
- Manage the technical solutioning by engaging the appropriate internal IT stakeholders to ensure conformity with RFP/RFQ requirements
- Provide detailed costing to the internal Pricing Team for the IT components
- Produce documentation during pre-sales RFP activity related to the IT solution, including written RFP responses, statements of conformity, high-level diagrams and slides for presentations
- Liaise with Transcom’s Operations teams to review any IT requirements (infrastructure, process or people) for expansions to existing clients / additional features and produce IT costs and solution summaries
- Act as single point of contact representing IT in RFP/RFQ lifecycle to all internal stakeholders
- Facilitate all IT meetings related to the RFP/RFQ IT solution
- Collaborate with Transcom’s Product Managers, Solution Architects, IT Business Partners, Core Infrastructure and Security teams on all technical aspects of RFPs/RFQs
- Attend and present during Deal Reviews with the Executive Team and be able to talk though the IT solution and costing of a proposal
- Periodic IT project management of client launches as needed
Required qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Telecomm, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of writing RFP/RFQ answers for contact center applications, IT, telephony and networking
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Technical pre-sales role in contact center technology
- Designing, configuring or deploying contact center technology
- Managing contact center technology
- Worked in a contact center and has sufficient understanding of IT infrastructure / solutions in a contact center
- Worked in a contact center for a Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) and has sufficient understanding of IT infrastructure / solutions provided by BPOs
- Broad knowledge across one or more of the following:
- Enterprise telecommunications platforms, i.e. PBX, ACD systems
- Global enterprise networking, particularly SDWAN, MPLS or other IP technology
- Contact Center infrastructure such as IVR’s, Business Intelligence, reporting, call recording, conversational analytics, outbound dialers, quality management, workforce management etc.
- Infrastructure services (Network, Server, Desktop environments, Hosted solutions, Virtual Desktop)
- Technology such as CTI, IP, SIP, SBCs
- Cloud-based contact center applications
- Work-At-Home solutions for Contact Center agents
- Understanding of operating expenses, capital expenses, sunk costs
- Understanding of trends impacting contact center IT environments, such as social media, omni-channel, RPA, chat bots, voice bots, IVR Assist, gamification, etc.
- Ability to identify all technical requirements in RFPs/RFQs and provide comprehensive summaries
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to manage all aspects of the work day and drive successful completion of RFPs/RFQs
- Excels under tight timelines with ability to effectively manage multiple bids at the same time
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Detail oriented with high degree of organizational skills to plan and manage complex bids
- Work from home in quiet environment free from personal interruptions
- Time zone flexibility when constructing work day, which may require periodically working outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 22 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 31 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!