Join our Transcom family as a Work At Home Technical Customer Service Representative!
In this Full-Time employee role, you’ll support our client’s customers with their questions related to billing and account maintenance, as well as more advanced technical issues with their devices. Customers may have questions about services on their account, need help enrolling in or canceling a service, or disputing a charge. Many of the customers that you will work with are already technically savvy and need assistance above and beyond the everyday technology issues. Your strong customer services skills and your ability to empathize with customers that are frustrated with their device or issue will make you successful in this fast-paced role!
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze their need, and provide solutions
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk, wearing a wired headset, while talking to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
What's In It For You?
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Computer for this role is provided by Transcom
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- 100% work at home, including training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work full-time (32-40 hours per week) with overtime opportunities as needed
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including: evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multitask, and concentrate in a prolonged setting.
- Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
Must live and work in one of the following states:
AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, NE, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements
For this Advisor position, Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer, monitor, and headset. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings. Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have a DSL, Fiber, or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet. (Dial up, Wireless, Mobile Hotspot, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Your hardwired internet connection must meet the minimum speed requirements:
- Ping - 100 ms or less
- Download speed - 20 Mbps
- Upload speed - 3 Mbps
We are a global network of 26,000 local specialists, across 22 countries, passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences. Equipped with intelligent technology, we strive to be one step ahead of the newest trends as we support the customers of over 200 international companies in a variety of industries. From reactive trouble-shooting to active solution finding. It's what we call smarter people experiences.
We are the voice of our clients. We are Transcom.
Right now, we are growing our virtual footprint in North America and currently hire remote employees in 32 states and 6 Canadian provinces. Proud to be recognized by FlexJobs as #10 on their list of the Top 100 companies to watch for remote work in 2021.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!