Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things?
Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of home?
You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications client to support their customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. As a CSR, you’ll listen to the caller and use your technical expertise, and passion for outstanding customer service, to answer questions about products and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk and wear an approved headset for the duration of a full-time schedule in order to talk to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
What's In It For You?
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- 100% work at home, including training
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours, with opportunities for overtime during peak season
- Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multi-task applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule.
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule.
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multi-task, concentrate, and interact with others in a prolonged setting.
- Experience in a technical support role or troubleshooting technical issues
- Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
- *Must live and work in one of the following states:
AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE
NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements
- Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
- You must provide a compatible headset. The headset must have a 3.5mm connection audio port using either a quick-disconnect (QD) or a dedicated 3.5mm wire from the headset. It must also have a noise-cancelling boom microphone. The following are examples of acceptable headsets with approximate prices.
- Logitech Stereo Headset H111 – Cost approx. $10.00
- Plantronics RIG 100HS Camo Headset for PlayStation 4 - Cost approx. $24.00
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 20 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 30 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!
Listen below to hear a sample of the types of calls you'll handle when you join our amazing team!