The Trainer will facilitate virtual and/or onsite delivery of client and Transcom learning materials, as outlined by training curriculum and in a manner aligned with the Transcom GER Training Delivery Operating Model. The trainer will identify training needs and effectiveness by evaluating training data (knowledge and behavior), early warning system (attrition risk mitigation), content waste (Scrap Learning) and trainee throughput and performance.
- Trainer must be located close to our site in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Trainer must be available to train different shifts, based on the needs of the client.
Description of Role and Objectives:
- The Virtual Trainer is responsible for the development and delivery of Knowledge Management, along with the planning, delivery and evaluation of related online product training or other online courses or content.
- The primary objective is to effectively deliver training curriculum and evaluate training content effectiveness to prepare and develop employees to succeed in their role.
The position requires effective execution in the following key focus areas. Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand:
- Performing regular transaction monitoring and calibration sessions as agreed.
- Supporting TLs in setting improvement programs and action plans for CSRs.
- Working with TLs to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is online and in a user friendly format for users.
- Reporting quality scoring internally/externally at agreed frequencies (upon request).
- Escalating quality deficiencies to the Training & Quality Manager.
- Escalating when there are questions on product or online content.
- Attending internal local meetings (staff or with other departments).
- Keeping a high level of expertise, taking initiative to understand.
- Gathering up-to-date information and integrating feedback into the best practices.
- Handle escalations
Performance - Knowledge Management
- Collecting product information from the client, TQM, client services, etc.
- Spreading product knowledge to operations.
- Updating existing procedures.
- Participating in the creation/roll out of new procedures, routines etc…
- Updating knowledge management database.
- Testing procedure in production and suggest enhancement.
- Collecting and assessing feedback and taking actions accordingly.
- Analyzing the usage of Knowledge Management database and taking actions accordingly.
Performance - Training
- Following training and development guidelines as defined by the company.
- Planning training (under TQM supervision).
- Developing and ensuring the proper creation of product training materials.
- Delivering training (refreshers, new projects, new products etc) to all agents as required, following standard Transcom development plan and supported by Product Supervisor
- Setting up and implementing training follow-ups with Team Leaders and Product Supervisors following standard Transcom follow-up plans after all training is completed.
- Training the Team Leaders following the Transcom Train-the-Trainer module, and ensuring the principles taught are being applied by Team Leaders in training units that they conduct.
- Ensuring update and accuracy of product training materials.
- Collecting information related to product knowledge and developing training modules. Using the Scheduler for scheduling training units.
- Updating knowledge management tool.
- Delivering product training as required, following Transcom standard.
- Evaluating training/online training and its effectiveness.
- Setting up and implementing training follow-ups after all training is completed.
- Working with Trainers and Client Services to create tests for each online course, ETA, and monthly NuSkill Assessments.
- Creating and correcting product tests.
- Participating in the analysis of the product test results.
- Identifying “training request” to maintain quality level, through the range of training and the quantity of delivery.
- Continuously reviewing procedures and implementing improvements with feedback to TQM Governance. Smooth transition to quality improvement.
Performance - Quality
- Calibrating with TQM, Team Leaders, Business Managers and client at regular intervals, monitoring transactions and analysing transaction monitoring results.
- Understanding and supporting client/company needs/requirements for improvement.
Performance - Process, Integrity, and Culture
- Ensuring that Transcom WorldWide standard procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Responsible for keeping and archiving a library of product knowledge material/modules.
- Ensuring that all product material, equipment and logistics are available and updated before training sessions.
- Promote a culture of quality and know-how for all products and services delivered to clients and customers.
- Provide input on CSRs results which will impact their Reward & Recognition scheme for quality and competence purpose.
- Liaise with BM/TL/TQM or other Departments/HRM so as to maintain communication and to understand all necessary aspects and needs of employee’s training and development, and to ensure they are fully informed of training and development objectives, purposes and achievements. Supporting the development of each team and ultimately each agent.
- Providing feedback to TQM Governance for improving standards and processes.
Additional Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Attending site and country meetings
- Providing feedback on client workflow/processes
- Participating in company-wide projects
Qualification and experience
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language; written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree or Certification or 6 months minimum training experience
- Have worked in a data-driven environment and worked with numbers
- Understand basic mathematics needed for reporting, analysis & differentiation purposes
- Have a good understanding of CRM best practices and adult learning strategies/principles
- Ability to analyze results and make decisions based on facts and figures
- Ability to follow processes and handle serious situations
- Ability to provide positive feedback / recognition to promote confidence
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to coach/develop others
- Ability to accept constructive feedback
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Be focused on setting clear objectives and priorities
- Generate new, innovative, and entrepreneurial ideas
- Be self motivated and commercially minded
- Good understanding of computer technology (Microsoft and/or Google software)
- Ability to provide a quiet distraction free work environment (for At Home)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel
- Successful verification of necessary internet connections (for At Home)
It will help if you…
- Have a proven and successful track record of effective training in the CRM business
- Have experience in monitoring/coaching skills related to behavior-specific feedback
- Have worked in a training, quality, operations and/or education environment
- Have experience utilizing virtual training tools
- Have worked in a call center environment
- Have worked in a performance driven environment
Minimum Skills After Hire...
- Must meet minimum testing requirements for NAT
- Ability to utilize multiple systems for communication, training, and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of Transcom policies & procedures
- Complete Transcom Orientation training
- Understand the Transcom Statement of Direction
- Understand the Operations Manual, MSOW, PnL, Invoicing, and COPC
- Escalating operational issues (IT / issues with programs)
- Temp Agency / HR procedures: New Hire Recruitment, absenteeism, exits
- Annual advisor performance review
- Annual trainer performance review
- successful completion of background check
To be successful in this role you must…
- Have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Have excellent and open leadership style
- Keep business objectives as a high priority
- Have strong planning & organizational skills
- Be goal oriented and results focused
- Be customer-centric and quality oriented
- Have aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Have high integrity
- Be highly self motivated, prepared to work hard, and go above & beyond
- Have high personal energy and enjoy a lively environment
- Be highly adaptable and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of technology
- Enjoy teamwork and efficiently in a virtual environment
- Be comfortable with making data-informed decisions
- Have ability to remain calm and focused in stressful or difficult situations
- Have desire to show initiative and demonstrate ownership
- Have strong ability to multitask, including managing multiple applications at once
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 23 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 31 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!