- Are you considered the technical expert for electronics and appliances in your home?
- Do friends ask you to help set up a new TV, entertainment equipment, or big appliances?
- Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
- Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Join our Transcom family as a Work At Home Agent!
In this role, you’ll be the friendly voice of our client to help their customers with smartphones, televisions, or large appliances. As a technical support representative, you’ll listen to the caller and use your technical expertise to answer questions about those products and services to find solutions - all while using your top-notch customer service skills.
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your full-time schedule
- Help inbound callers in a fast-paced, high-volume, and sometimes stressful environment
- Work at a desk and wear an approved headset for the duration of a full-time schedule
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
What's In It For You?
- Permanent position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, and more
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- In addition to the hourly wage, earn monthly performance bonuses
- 100% work at home, including training
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours, with overtime opportunities as needed
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 30 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multi-task, and concentrate in a prolonged setting.
- Experience in a technical support role or troubleshooting technical issues preferred
- Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
- *Must live and work in one of the following states:
AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, NE,
NM, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements
- Secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift.
- Reliable DSL or Cable Internet
- Connection must be hardwired into a modem/router via ethernet
- (Dial up, Wireless or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 5 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 1 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
- Ability to provide a wired USB headset
- Webcam (for internal meetings)
- A windows desktop or laptop that meets the minimum requirements (below):
- Minimum CPU Clock Speed – 1.5 GHz (1500mhz)
- Compatible processor (2 cores of higher)
- Incompatible Intel processors (Celeron & Pentium D)
- Incompatible AMD processors (Athlon X2 & Sempron)
- Mobile Processors (denoted as M) are incompatible
- Operating System –
- 64-bit and Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Education
- Minimum Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – Hard drive must have at least 10GB of free space
- Ports – Minimum 1 USB 2.0 port
- Monitors - Dual monitors preferred
Transcom is an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences. We are passionate about creating smarter people experiences, everyday. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via 50 global contact centers in 22 countries and our vast network of remote agents throughout the United States and Canada. Our Work From Home employees live and work across 31 states and 6 provinces in North America.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!